To download/order data:
- Locate the study you require using the Data Catalogue. To check the access conditions for the selected study click the 'Access' tab.
- Select 'Add to account' to add the study to your account*. If you are not yet registered with the UK Data Service, you will be prompted to do this at this stage.
- To review the studies you have added to your account, click the 'My account' link at the top of the screen. Your account will show the datasets that are waiting to be added to a project.
- Select the datasets that you wish to add to a project. You can add these to an existing project or create a new one.
- There are three types of project: 'non-commercial', for research projects or student dissertations; 'commercial', for projects where the main purpose is to generate an income; 'teaching', for use within a classroom setting.
- When creating a new project, enter a title and abstract providing as much detail as possible to describe your intended use of the data. Note: this information may be shared with the data owners.
- When your datasets have been added to your project their status will either be 'Active' or 'Request access'. If 'Active' use the 'Action' button to download the data. If 'Request access' click this button to view further details, and then 'Complete actions' to view the actions required to gain access to this dataset.
- Click each of the action steps in turn and follow the instructions, e.g. accept any special conditions that are displayed, or download the forms that are required.
- When all steps are complete, the status will be 'Active' and you can follow the 'Action' button to download the data.
- Select the download format required and the download will begin.
*Note: If the study you require has a study number beginning '85', please refer to the FAQ on how to download data from the ReShare repository.