Help - Get in touch
Do you have a query that is not answered by our New user or FAQ page?
To help you as quickly as possible, please follow the most appropriate link below, then fill in the form.
When you submit a query form an email acknowledgement will be sent to you.
What would you like to contact us about?
- Accessing data - for questions about downloading data, data formats, obtaining Special Licence or Secure Access data
- Analysing/using data - for questions about any data obtained from us. For example: A variable is missing from my file; Which weight variable should I use?
- Data management - for issues related to anonymisation, copyright, data storage and other data management queries
- Depositing data - for advice and support for data owners and producers
- Existing project/order - for questions about project renewal and order status
- Online analysis/tools - to report issues or to get advice on using tools such as Nesstar, UKDS.Stat, Infuse, Casweb, GeoConvert, WICID
- Output release - use to request a check on output created within the Secure Lab
- Publications - use to send us details of your research publications
- Registration - for queries such as: How do I register? Can I register with you?
- Safe Room booking - for requests to use our Safe Room
- Searching for data - for queries about the data collections we hold or give access to. For example: Do you have data on parenting? Do you hold Census data?
- Secure Lab-Import data request - for Secure Lab users only
- Training/events and publicity - for press enquiries and information about events and training
- Website/technical issues - to report technical issues related to the UK Data Service Secure Lab, ReShare or general website issues
- Other queries - for issues not covered by any of the other categories
what you can expect from us
We respond to your queries as quickly as we can although we may not be able to respond within one working day when we have a high volume of queries or if queries are complex. Under usual circumstances we will respond within three working days.
It is also possible to contact us by phone +44 (0)1206 872143 or by email at email@example.com, however these methods may take a little longer.
Problems using our forms
If you have problems using our forms contact us by by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.