Data resources library
A data management resources library is a one-stop location where a research hub can centralise all relevant data management and sharing resources for researchers and staff in a single location. For example, this could be a single location on an intranet site, website, Wiki or shared network drive.
This resource library can contain relevant data policy and guidance documents, templates, tools and exemplars developed by the centre, as well as external policy and guidance resources or links to such resources. Good practices used by particular researchers or projects can be used as exemplars for others, so that they can be shared.
A resources library might contain both locally created and external resources.
Locally created documents
- a centre-wide data inventory
- a local statement or policy on data sharing
- exemplar data management plans
- local information on acts and regulations relating to data
- a statement on copyright of research data and outputs
- a statement of institutional IT data management and existing backup procedures
- security policy for data storage, file sharing and transmission procedures
- standard data format recommendations
- statement on retention and destruction of data, as it relates to particular kinds of data
- quality control standards for data collection and data entry
- digitisation and transcription guidance
- file naming and version control guidance
- a data inventory for individual projects, including roles and responsibilities
- template consent forms and information sheets which take data sharing into account
- example ethical review forms
- data anonymisation guidelines
- confidentiality agreements for data handlers